Hello Everyone:
Sorry for not posting in a while. Things have been hectic. Between having the flu, work, and packing for Boston, I was swamped! But I am in Boston with Alpen now...so I will be trying to post as regularly as possible. Sushma returned back to Miami on Sunday, so we traded places.
Now, back to the real reason why you are reading this post: How is Alpen doing? Alpen is generally doing good. He is responding to treatment in the expected ways, which means he is pretty low energy right now as we wait for his counts to rebound. A few days ago, he had a fever (which was par for the course) so naturally he was pretty low energy and exhausted that day. They put him on antibiotics and he kicked the fever by the next day. Yesterday he was a little more upbeat: we surfed the internet looking at art and photography, he hung out with Vivek and Palak, ate some Cheerios (first food in a few days) and skyped with the family in Miami.
Today, he has been sleeping all day; been pretty low energy. The nurses say that sometimes the patients get really tired right before their counts start to rebound because their body is using so much energy to grow healthy cells. His white blood cells got a little bit of a bump today, so hopefully he will turning the corner SOON!
If things keep going as planned he should be getting out of the hospital on Monday....lets keep our fingers crossed....
More tomorrow....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Purvas:
Thanks for keeping us updated. Pl give us update how was his yesterday.Since you told that he talked to Sush and Sureshuncle it makes us feel good that he was feeling better. If he is on skype he can give me ring as I may be on computer for long time.
Rohit uncle and family
Sachin and I are thinking of you guys and Alpen always!! Thanks for keeping us up to date with this blog. Please know that you are in our thoughts--- even though we are thousands of miles away. Love, C
Dear Alpen,
Now I can no longer resist the temptation of seeing you and talking to you...right now I am downloading skype. May be after that we all 3 @ utopia could be with you whenever you are upto it.
Your mom wrote to us about the head nurse ...amazing coincedences...If we can understand God's way of working...we would not react instantanaeously to the odds-hurdles-or triffles of life. May be in larger scheme of life, HE has a well charted course for every one of us. And HE knows who will help us to reach our destiny and how well HE places them in our life...at required juncture.
Alpen, you have really shown us how the goodwill that you and your family has generated all around, that every one of us think, that this is our battle and we strive hard to emerge as victor...You remain at the cnetre thought for us all through out our waking hours as well as some part of our dreams...
I think my downloas is complete. Now I am going to add you to the list of contacts...
see you sooooooooooon,
Love, jyoti mami
Post a Comment