I thank everyone for their countless blessings, powerful love, and healing energy..... and of course, where would I be without Nintendo's Wii! I am doing far better, feeling far healthier and more energetic than before. All in all, notwithstanding all the possibilities and risks of my treatment, things are looking great. And although I do know this person, and may never meet him, I cannot be anything but grateful and appreciative of his generosity and large-heartedness in sharing his healthy stem-cells with me. It resolves the ever present doubt that strangers can care for one another and makes me humble enough to know that I live well at the sacrifice of others.
The world can just as quickly become familiar and intimate as it can become distant and obscure. The past few days have been more than heart-wrenching only because the stories and images real or imagined of what is happening in Haiti are viscerally torturous to hear and think about. We have a close friend and brother, Herns, who is there right now working with others searching for survivors and helping people emerge from this tragedy. He says that state resources are absent but people are working tirelessly to do what little they can.
A few days into the new year I feel a breeze of compassion in the air. Yet, I don't know if its discernible enough today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Alps,
Bummed I am under the weather and won't be able to come and beat you at Wii sports. Misssing you on weekend adventures with the fan. Hope to see you soon.
Much love
Joseph
dear Alpen,
So many things in this world created by God is beyond our comprehension, be it the personal odds or natural calamity to such a large extent...in Haiti...
Is there any logical derivation in prevailig chaos at Haiti? Who can answer our troubling neverending questions with solid proof?
Have you got any answer? Have you read any thing that help us to accept the unexpected with equipoise?
Take care,
Love, Jyoti aunty
Hi Alpen!!! I'm very happy to hear that you are doing well, and that you're now on the Wii system :))
I have received bits here and there from everyone but it is so so nice to see a post from you that I had to drop by and say hello. What a very very sad and strange week it's been. I do see compassion blossoming in Miami, lots of fund raising efforts all over, some of which are being organized by friends of mine in the local arts community. Personally, I have been encouraging friends and family to do some deeper reading on Haiti just to gain a bigger perspective on how this disaster came to be. It provides a reason to keep fighting amid all the chaos and not lose oneself to hopelessness.
Anyway, I hope that one day we will be able to catch up in person, so I continue to send you telepathic hugs and the very best of wishes during your recovery. Love, Quanita.
Post a Comment