Saturday, December 6, 2008

follow-update


Happy Holidays,

I am just sending out a short update on the treatment schedule. I just returned to Miami from meeting with the Radiation Oncology doctor in Boston. He advised that I return for a couple of weeks of treatment in order to ensure that there are no more reoccurances in the future. If anything, these things teach us a lot about patience--and we're never too old for that.

I will start radiation on Dec. 15th and will have 15 minutes sessions every weekday till approximately January 13th. I am free on the weekends and Christmas!

To close, I have to say that these past few months of treatment and tribulation have been humbling and instructive. I've learned a whole lot about love and sacrifice, true concern and insecurity, and to some extent, about how to remain sane amidst life's insanity and instability.

Sending my love to all of you--my care-takers and well-wishers,
alpen

...you have to groove with the moves you have

No comments: